Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula doesn't work unless hit enter again

I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try selecting all the cells
Edit|Replace
What: = (equal sign)
with: =
replace all

Maybe it'll wake up excel's calculation engine.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Show us an example of what you see in the cell before you hit enter and what
you see afterwards. Also show us a formula that is not working? Tell us
what you are changing that should cause the formula to recalculate, for
example, "I enter 5 in A1 and the formula still displays 34 and it should
show 39." Also, is this happening to all formulas in all workbooks, or only
in certain workbooks? Or does it only happen for a particular sheet in a
given workbook. Does the same behaviour occur when the file is opened on
another machine? What version of Excel are you using?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bobby" wrote:

I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 30, 6:06*pm, Bobby wrote:
I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !

I am having the same problem and can't get it figured out. Please
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If calculation mode is set to automatic and formulas don't update
then.................

You are working under the common misconception that if a number is formatted
to number then Excel will see it as a number.

You must coerce Excel into treating as a number.

Format all to number or general then copy an empty cell.

Select your range of "numbers" and editpaste specialaddokesc.

Now Excel will treat as numbers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:03:37 -0700 (PDT), Steve Szczeck
wrote:

On Jun 30, 6:06*pm, Bobby wrote:
I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !

I am having the same problem and can't get it figured out. Please
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This worked when I had the same problem. Not ideal but gets the job done. Thanks Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 6:06:00 AM UTC+6, Bobby wrote:
I have to select Each cells with a function, than put my cursor in the
formula bar and press enter. The excel option 'automatic calculation' is on
and was always on before? Also, all cells are in 'numbers' format...not text.
Thanks !

Use shortcut: alt H A E and then press enter. that's it