Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTING THE SAME VALUES IN A SHEET

Hi,

Anyone please help me in counting the same values in a sheet.

Example:

A1=6 B1=5 C1=6 D1=4 E1=6.

In F1 I should print "3" since 6 is repeated 3 times.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:32:16 -0800 (PST) schrieb naga rajan:

A1=6 B1=5 C1=6 D1=4 E1=6.

In F1 I should print "3" since 6 is repeated 3 times.

try in F1:
=COUNTIF(A1:E1,MODE(A1:E1))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Claus,

It worked.
Thanks for the help.
Am having another problem.
Consider a column A1 to A10.
Its formatted in time.
I want to count only the number of zeros (00:00:00) appearing in that column.

The below example:

A1 = 00:00:05
A2 = 00:00:02
A3 = 00:00:00
A4 = 00:00:01
A5 = 00:01:00
A6 = 00:00:23
A7 = 00:00:00
A8 = 00:00:12
A9 = 00:00:00
A10 = 00:00:15

Number of zeros = 3
How to solve this.

Regards,
Naga
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:30:10 -0800 (PST) schrieb naga rajan:

A1 = 00:00:05
A2 = 00:00:02
A3 = 00:00:00
A4 = 00:00:01