Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Need help making line graph with 2 lines

Default Line Graph with 2 lines

I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate
x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help
would be great.

50 50 55 45
25 25 32 23
12.5 12.5 17 15
6.25 6.25 9 8
3.125 3.125 6 3
1.5625 1.5625 3 3
0.78125 0.78125 1 2

These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the
left and the y-axis on the right.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Need help making line graph with 2 lines

this does not help, i simply want a graph with 2 lines

Line 1:
X-axis values

50
25
12.5
6.25
3.125
1.5625
0.78125

Y-axis values

50
25
12.5
6.25
3.125
1.5625
0.78125

Line 2:

X-axis values:

55
32
17
9
6
3
1

Y-axis values:

45
23
15
8
3
3
2

I put these numbers into 4 different collumns, then create line graph, and
it gives me 4 different series. So, I delete series 3 and 4 so that I will
have 2 series. I then click on each series, and where is says Values:, i
select the the column for each series that i want to be the Y-axis. This
works fine. However, I dont know how to select the x-axis values for each
series. I tried selecting them under: Category (x) axis labels, but it made
the x-axis values for both series the same.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"Need help making line graph with 2 lines" <Need help making line graph with
2 wrote in message
I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate
x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help
would be great.

50 50 55 45
25 25 32 23
12.5 12.5 17 15
6.25 6.25 9 8
3.125 3.125 6 3
1.5625 1.5625 3 3
0.78125 0.78125 1 2

These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the
left and the y-axis on the right.

Do you actually want a line graph, or is it an XY (scatter) graph you want?
I would have thought it was the latter if you've got X and Y values for each
point. I assume that the first and third columns are the X and Y for the
first series, and the 2nd & 4th columns are X & Y for the second series?

The easy option is to select the four columns & Insert Chart, then adjust
the Source Data to suit. You'll want one series with column A for X data
and C for Y, and the second series would have column B for X data and D for
Y.

If you really do want a line graph, then the same process will do, but you
won't have A axis data values, merely labels.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire

Assuming you have your data in columns A:D - plot the B:D range as a line
chart type, then select one of the two line series on the chart and choose
Format, Selected Data Series, and on the Axis tab choose Secondary axis

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Need help making line graph with 2 lines" wrote:

I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate
x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help
would be great.

50 50 55 45
25 25 32 23
12.5 12.5 17 15
6.25 6.25 9 8
3.125 3.125 6 3
1.5625 1.5625 3 3
0.78125 0.78125 1 2

These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the
left and the y-axis on the right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

Use an XY (Scatter) chart type, which can be formatted to have lines
connecting the markers.

Create the XY (Scatter) chart type for one set of XY pairs.

(One way is to arrange your data with X values in a column on the left and
corresponding Y values in an adjacent column on the right, and select both
the X and Y values before using the Chart Wizard.)

Then use Chart | Source Data | Series to add the second set of XY pairs.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

2 wrote in message
I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate
x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help
would be great.

50 50 55 45
25 25 32 23
12.5 12.5 17 15
6.25 6.25 9 8
3.125 3.125 6 3
1.5625 1.5625 3 3
0.78125 0.78125 1 2

These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the
left and the y-axis on the right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph

"Need help making line graph with 2 lines"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...

2 wrote in message
[...]

So use XY (scatter) *NOT* line graph.
For the first series, column A is your X axis data, column B your Y axis
data.
For the second seies, column C is your X axis data, column D your Y axis
data.
--
David Biddulph