debbiecatal

Default How do I alter plot area colour in a chart without a mouse?

I am teaching ECDL to visually impaired learners, and they need to be able to
change the background colour of the plot area of a chart using keystrokes.
We can change the chart area colour this way, but cannot find a way to change
the plot area. Does anyone know how to do this without using a mouse?

Thanks

Debbie
Andy Pope

Hi Debbie,

You might find this useful.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip003.htm

Once an chart element is selected you can use CTRL+1 to bring up the
Format dialog.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Jon Peltier

Also, if the chart area is selected, pressing the up arrow key one time
changes the selection to the plot area. The up and down arrow keys cycle
among the chart elements. The left and right arrow keys cycle among
items within a chart element (i.e., points within a series, labels
within a series' data labels).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP