Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Having trouble with new Yahoo Email account

I've been using Verizon exclusively and it was working fine.

I tried to also set up Yahoo and I got this message.

"The host 'incoming yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Carrollton TeaParty',
Server: 'incoming yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

Can someone help me please?
Thanks,
Doug

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I thought you had to pay to use a yahoo account and an email client. Yahoo!
likes it when you come to their site--you see their ads that way.

You may want to consider a different email provider (gmail is nice).

--

Dave Peterson