Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Charts not updating

I am having a strange issue with excel and hope that someone can help
- The charts within a spreadsheet do not update when the source data
is updated. This is a new problem as previously the updating worked
fine. The spreadsheet is set to auto calc but the word "calculate'
shows up in the bottom bar as if the manual calculation setting were
on. But the auto calc is working as data on the sheet is updated as i
change other entries. I have multiple charts on the same sheet and
none of them auto update.

The charts also refer to the correct data field and they do update if
i select a series and click on the formula bar and then hit enter,
however only the data series that i selected will update. I have to
do each one individually in order to get the entire chart to update.
Another thing, if i do a save there is no update but if i do a save as
the chart updates to whatever the current data is, then there are not
further auto updates.

Thank for your help

Victor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've seen charts update when you save and reopen, but I'm not sure why.
Maybe someone else can help there.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt