Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
hmz hmz is offline

Default currency

hi, i am trying to create an if statement with different currency. for example:

Col. A B
Value: EUR USD

(can either be EUR, USD)

(if "A2" is a Euro, then the value goes in "B2." If the Value is in US
dollars, then value has to go in "C2." )

How do i write a statement to that can identify between currencies? Thank
you,

--
hmz
nyc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hmz you say:-

"the value"

What do you mean by this and in which cell is it to be found?

"hmz" wrote:

hi, i am trying to create an if statement with different currency. for example:

Col. A B
Value: EUR USD

(can either be EUR, USD)

(if "A2" is a Euro, then the value goes in "B2." If the Value is in US
dollars, then value has to go in "C2." )

How do i write a statement to that can identify between currencies? Thank
you,

--
hmz
nyc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The value as in a number value....for example, instead of it being american
dollars, it is Euros. it would be in A1, A2, A3, etc.

I need excel to recognize the difference between the currency because if it
is usa, then I want the value to be placed in it. etc.
--
hmz
nyc

"hmz" wrote:

hi, i am trying to create an if statement with different currency. for example:

Col. A B
Value: EUR USD

(can either be EUR, USD)

(if "A2" is a Euro, then the value goes in "B2." If the Value is in US
dollars, then value has to go in "C2." )

How do i write a statement to that can identify between currencies? Thank
you,

--
hmz
nyc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

OK so this is what you seem to be saying:-

IF cell A 2 is formatted with a EUR currency symbol in it take the number
(for example 1.00) appearing in cell A 2 and place it into cell B 2 (so B 2
would end up with just 1.00 without the EUR symbol in it).

OR if cell A 2 is formatted with a USD currency symbol in it take the number
(for example 1.00) appearing in cell A 2 and place it into cell C 2 (so C 2
would end up with just 1.00 without the USD symbol in it).

If that is what you are saying I dont know how to do that (sorry) but
somebody else in this group probably does.

"hmz" wrote:

hi, i am trying to create an if statement with different currency. for example:

Col. A B
Value: EUR USD

(can either be EUR, USD)

(if "A2" is a Euro, then the value goes in "B2." If the Value is in US
dollars, then value has to go in "C2." )

How do i write a statement to that can identify between currencies? Thank
you,

--
hmz
nyc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How do you intend to keep track of exchange rates?

Where would that factor be placed on your sheet?

I think you would need VBA to recognize the format and make the appropriate
conversion to EUR or USD.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP