Junior Member

Angry Linking formatted cells

I'm trying to figure out how to link contents from 2 sheets in a workbook. I've created a Q&A(#1) on one sheet, with the reply options and scoring defined on another. The Q&A sheet is locked and the reply sheet is hidden so the only choice the user has is to simply select from the drop down the best answer to the question. The answer then calculates a value which is tallied at the end for a score. I have a second Q&A(#2) setup with another sheet, which is where the problems lie. Unfortunately there are 3 duplicate questions, so I've been trying to find a way that when the questions are answered on #1 they will auto-populate on #2, which I think I was able to do, but I couldn't keep the source formatting so the values came out skewed and I kept getting errors. Hopefully this makes sense, because I'm on a stupid deadline to get this done, and I am having NO luck. Hopefully someone can help with this! If I'm not clear enough please let me know. Thanks in advance for ANY assistance I can get!
Junior Member

Default Try this:

Open Both Workbooks
Select the Source Spreadsheet
Choose Cells and Copy
Select the Cell to Populate with Data
Establish a Link Between the Two Spreadsheets
(Right-click the target cell. Point to "Paste Special" and then press "N" to establish a link between the two spreadsheets.)

Regards,
Jerry