Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guilbj2

Default Nested If Statement

Hi All,

I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help
me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't
know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires
multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

I know that *AND* won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To
sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met,
will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any
of the 3 are not.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6043

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

=IF(AND(C5=5; F5=5;G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

HTH
--
AP

"guilbj2" a écrit
dans le message de

Hi All,

I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help
me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't
know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires
multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

I know that *AND* won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To
sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met,
will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any
of the 3 are not.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

=IF(AND(C5=5,F5=5,G5=5),"Positive","Negative")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"guilbj2" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help
me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't
know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires
multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

I know that *AND* won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To
sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met,
will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any
of the 3 are not.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee

Hello guilbj2

You need a nested AND and IF statement:

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

=IF(AND(C55,F5=5,G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

The AND statement means that all criteria must be met.

Hope this helps

Judith

"guilbj2" wrote:

Hi All,

I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help
me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't
know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires
multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

I know that *AND* won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To
sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met,
will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any
of the 3 are not.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6043
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

=IF(AND(C5=5,F5=5,G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

or

=IF((C5=5)*(F5=5)*(G5=1),"Positive","Negative")