Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default returning values from columns to another sheet, based on conditions

I have set up a spreadsheet where I record certain info in columns on
one sheet (sheet A) then produce statistics based on that info on other
sheets. When more data is collected, it is entered in the next column.
Then I manually go the another sheet and write in the formulas to
produce statistics. I want to set up a way to do this automatically.

For example, if column A contains a name, then I would like to return
the 4th cell of column A on column A of another sheet. The same for
column B, and so forth. I can do this, but I have to keep entering
formulas in all the columns each time I enter more data. Is there a way
to do this so that when I enter the data, the stats are compiled
automatically in a subsequent col on the other sheets?

--
zangief
zangief's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27560

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the other sheet in the appropropriate cell of column A (sheet1 is the
first sheet you spoke of that may contain the name ("Name"))

=if(countif(Sheet1!A:A,"Name")0,Sheet1!A4,"")

Tom Ogilvy

"zangief" wrote in
message ...