peterk4

Default why wont an excel doc open with new msn office

i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if
differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will
not open it ????????

Hi

MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of
Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files
with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works
file to be able to open them with Works.

Andy.

"peterk4" wrote in message
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if
differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it
will
not open it ????????

DNA

Are you sure it has an extension of .xls?

Junior Member

I was searching for crucial information on this subject.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpifaniaDoerhoffk View Post
I was searching for crucial information on this subject.
Hi,
When you find that a Microsoft excel file is not opening in your system then it may be due to the two different versions of office. If you are using office 2007 at your computer and you get a file which is build on office 2003 then you cant read that file, the best way to see the data of that file by using Google tool, from where you can copy that data.

Digital certificate