Junior Member

Question Getting 1 list from 2 sheets

Hi y'all,
I'm getting ready to tackle a project that I've been wanting to do for months. Basically, I've got a master list of about 300 types of groceries, all separated into categories and sub-categories (breakfast/cereals, veggies/green beans, etc.). On another tab is my master list of coupons that we have available. And on the 3rd tab is where I want the magic to happen.

When I click the little item checkbox on the Master list tab I want that item to insert itself into the Shopping List tab. Once the checkbox item is entered, I want Shopping List to scan Coupons and if there are any coupons for anything in that sub-category (category breakfast/sub-cat cereals) then auto-populate the coupon info so that I know exactly what to get.

So, how do I make oncheck (?) auto-populate into another sheet, then scan and insert more info if it's there? There's still alot more that I want done with this thing, but I know that those auto-inserts are paramount, so I better make sure that's possible first, before building everything else around it.

I look forward to your replies, and thank you --- as always!!

~Ky

Last edited by txheart : July 5th 11 at 04:01 PM Reason: clarity
Member

This sounds like a fun project! Can you attach a sample spreadsheet and I'll give it a go. Doesn't sound too difficult, but makes it more difficult to start from scratch.
Member

In anticipation of you attaching a sample spready, I have come up with a couple of options.

Basically these both do the same thing, however:
  • "Groceries.xls" uses the checkboxes you talk about, but requires a line of code to be added for each checkbox you add to the spreadsheet
  • "Groceries2.xls" uses a Y/N dropdown instead of checkboxes, and does not require any additional code to be added each time you add a value

Let me know if I'm on the right track here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Groceries 1&2.zip (28.3 KB, 136 views)
Junior Member

Tarquinious - thank you for your reply. I havent looked at your attachments yet, I wanted to get what I'm working with uploaded for you. Keep in mind that this is the start of this project. Pretty much anything can still change at this point, but this is what I've got so far. I'll go have a looksee at your now. Once you've had a chance to look at my attached I'd appreciate your input. Thanks again!
~Ky
Attached Files
File Type: zip Grocery.zip (14.9 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by txheart : July 6th 11 at 05:45 PM