Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditionally Formatting Cells based on Values in a Range (2007)

Hi and thanks in advance.
I have 2 columns of Data, A & B. Column A is a Named Range. I would like
to lookup and format cells in cloumn B if the value in a cell exists in the
column A named range. I believe I need to used the vlookup formula in
conditional formatting but am unsure and do not know how/where to create the
formula.

Again - Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

for cell B2:
Under Conditional format, change first box to "formula is", input:
=COUNTIF(A:A,B2)0

Replace the A:A callout with name of range, if desired. Copy formatting to
other cells. (alternative, select all the cells you want to format, with B2
being the active cell, and then apply this formatting).
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"sreid64" wrote:

Hi and thanks in advance.
I have 2 columns of Data, A & B. Column A is a Named Range. I would like
to lookup and format cells in cloumn B if the value in a cell exists in the
column A named range. I believe I need to used the vlookup formula in
conditional formatting but am unsure and do not know how/where to create the
formula.

Again - Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditionally Formatting Cells based on Values in a Range (200

Thanks Luke! that seems to do it. A follow up novice question for you. How
do I correctly format the name of the range in the formula? If I do the
column reference (A:A), it works fine, but I have multiple columns to check.
The Range name is FIVE. I tried: =COUNTIF(FIVE,B2)0 with no success.

Thanks