Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function shows repeating decimal?

I have two colums that have simple sum and imsub formulas in them. They
return a repeating number. I would like to have a simple 0.00 number in these
cells. How can I do this? I tried to change the format, but apparently it
doesn't work on functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll need to provide more information. Format works on any cell, because
it formats the results of the formula. Format can't be used to change the
results of a function, however.

Let us know what result you're getting, what you want instead, what's
"imsub" and how you want the repeating number represented.

Regards,
Fred

"Doug" wrote in message
I have two colums that have simple sum and imsub formulas in them. They
return a repeating number. I would like to have a simple 0.00 number in
these
cells. How can I do this? I tried to change the format, but apparently it
doesn't work on functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have the function =IMSUB(C520,B520) in cell D520.
B520 holds the value 990.22 & C520 holds the value 995.04.
The function returns the value 4.819999999999994.
Changing the format doesn't help any.
--
Thank you!

"Doug" wrote in message
I have two colums that have simple sum and imsub formulas in them. They
return a repeating number. I would like to have a simple 0.00 number in
these
cells. How can I do this? I tried to change the format, but apparently it
doesn't work on functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Doug,

Are you sure about IMSUB? This function is to calculate the difference
between 2 complex numbers. A complex number is a 'number' having a real part
and an imaginary part, written as 'a + bi'.

Nor B520, nor C520 is a complex number. If you just want to have the
difference between 2 values, use C520-B520.

Hope this helps.

Wkr,

JP