Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can i give Space/some other character in between the cell?

I have a file for Example
Ctrl+ASelect
F1Help

I want cell to look like as ctrl+A Select the next cell it should be F1
Help. is there any formula to give space.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are creating the entry in a formula using cells that contain text
then in C1: =A1 & " " & B1 this will put a space between the text of the
two cells, other than that im not sure what you mean?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=38185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply, i want for one cell?

Example
A1 cell Ctrl+ASelect in B1 cell it should display as Ctrl+A Select
A2 cell F1Help in B1 cell it should display as F1 Help

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

If you are creating the entry in a formula using cells that contain text
then in C1: =A1 & " " & B1 this will put a space between the text of the
two cells, other than that im not sure what you mean?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=38185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would be a seperate formula for each instance as the text length is
different:
=LEFT(A1,6) & " " & RIGHT(A1,6)
=LEFT(A2,2) & " " & RIGHT(A2,4)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=38185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Simon,

The formula is working fine for the two examples which you have given.Thanks
But now my problem is i am having text of different length. Is there one
formula so that i can drag the same formula for the other cells also. If
there is any formula like that would solve my problem?

Ex: Ctrl+Aselect,
Ctrl+BBoldFormat,
Ctrl+CCopyEdit,
Shift+F2Edit,
Shift+F3Paste,

Thanks any for u r help

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

It would be a seperate formula for each instance as the text length is
different:
=LEFT(A1,6) & " " & RIGHT(A1,6)
=LEFT(A2,2) & " " & RIGHT(A2,4)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=38185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The short answer is no!, as you cannot determine where the split should
be!