Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default increment an integer in a formula with the fill function

Hi--
there must be a way to do this that I am missing. I want to fill a column
with incremental multiples (2-36) of a constant cell. If I type
$A$1*2
$A$1*3
and then try to fill the series, it doesn't work. Cell A1 represents a
dollar amount, I want to see that amount multiplied by # of months for 36
months in a column. Why can't I get the integer to increment by filling the
series? How should I do this??? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use =$A$1*ROW()

depending on what the first row is, you may have to subtract 1 or 2 from ROW()

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"vexed" wrote in message ...
| Hi--
| there must be a way to do this that I am missing. I want to fill a column
| with incremental multiples (2-36) of a constant cell. If I type
| $A$1*2
| $A$1*3
| and then try to fill the series, it doesn't work. Cell A1 represents a
| dollar amount, I want to see that amount multiplied by # of months for 36
| months in a column. Why can't I get the integer to increment by filling the
| series? How should I do this??? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you!!!! Not intuitive at all, but at least now I know!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=$A$1*ROW(A2)

--
HTH