Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default email hyperlink - cell value in subject line

I want to make an email hyperlink that includes text and a cell value in the
subject line, like this: Status Change [Data!A1] .

Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to VB it?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: email hyperlink - cell value in subject line

Yes, there is an easy way to create an email hyperlink with a cell value in the subject line in Excel. You don't need to use VBA for this.

Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Select the cell where you want to create the hyperlink.
  2. Right-click on the cell and select "Hyperlink" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box, select "Email Address" from the list on the left.
  4. In the "Email Address" field, enter the email address you want to send the email to.
  5. In the "Subject" field, enter the text you want to appear before the cell value. For example, "Status Change".
  6. Click on the "Place in This Document" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
  7. In the "Select a Place in This Document" section, select the cell that contains the value you want to include in the subject line.
  8. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now, when you click on the cell with the hyperlink, it will open a new email message with the email address and subject line pre-populated. The subject line will include the text you entered in step 5, followed by the value in the cell you selected in step 7.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

boustrophedon,

Use the HYPERLINK() function in your formula:

?subject=S tatus Change " &
Data!A1,"Test Email")

You can also concatenate to create the email address if the info is in cells
on the worksheet.

HTH,

Conan

"boustrophedon" wrote in message
I want to make an email hyperlink that includes text and a cell value in
the
subject line, like this: Status Change [Data!A1] .

Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to VB it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Presto, it works! Thank you, Conan!

I had already tried the ampersand and cell id but apparently didn't
configure it correctly. Excel's help for HYPERLINK should include this info,
because I can't be the only one who wants to do this.

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

boustrophedon,

Use the HYPERLINK() function in your formula:

?subject=S tatus Change " &
Data!A1,"Test Email")

You can also concatenate to create the email address if the info is in cells
on the worksheet.

HTH,

Conan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conan (or someone else), let me push this one step further. Can I include
some "canned" text for the body of the email in that same HYPERLINK command?

I know, I know ... feature creep. ;)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

boustrophedon,

Sure it is possible.

If you noticed in the "mailto:" link, the first part was the email address,
then a question mark, then "subject=text to be displayed in subject line".

Then to add body text, add an ampersand (&) and "body=canned text for body".

It may or may not be necessary to replace spaces with "%20" (only the spaces
that are between quotes...any that are outside of quotes can remain spaces).
I'm not sure. Mess with it to see what will work.

Using the formula I originally posted:

?subject=S tatus%20Change%20" &
Data!A1 & "&body=Canned%20text%20for%20body","Test Email")

If you want, you can put cell references in your formula to insert the body
text, the "Friendly_name", etc...

(body text is in cell C5 of the same sheet the formula is being used on)
?subject=S tatus%20Change%20" &
Data!A1 & "&body=" & C5,"Test Email")

HTH,

Conan

"boustrophedon" wrote in message
Conan (or someone else), let me push this one step further. Can I include
some "canned" text for the body of the email in that same HYPERLINK
command?

I know, I know ... feature creep. ;)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Mechroneal,

To automatically generate emails with 'to' field and 'subject' field filled
in the compose window of email clients like Outlook express or Lotus notes
with details/contents from the cells of an excel file (referencing) using the
'mailto:' utility then use the function 'HYPERLINK'

Generate an excel file with email IDs in one column

Case 1 referencing 'email' and 'subject' matter from cells

if email and subject need to be referenced from a cell then type the
following HYPERLINK formula to any cell

=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A440 &"?subject=" &B1, "Click to send email")

The cell where you have typed the above formula will sport the text "click
to send email" (or what ever you specify there) which would be underlined
indicating its a clickable hyperlink

A440 - The cell value between the 2 consecutive Ampersand's "&---&" after
'mailto:' will refer to the email address in that particular cell ( here
A440) that would be pasted automatically in the 'to' field of the compose
window of your email client (outlook express, lotus notes) when you click the
cell with the above formula.

(the space between the cell value and &'s dosen't matter)

&B1 - The cell value following the '&' after the ?subject= in the formula
refer to the subject matter (text) in that particular cell (here B1) that
would be pasted automatically in the 'subject' field of the compose window of
your email client (outlook express, lotus notes) when you click the cell with
the above formula.

To effortlessly apply the formula to all email ids entered consecutively in
one column put the formula in the adjacent column in the adjacent cell to
the first email id entry.

The idea is that the formula should be entered into a cell in line with the
1st email entry so that by entering 2 formulas consequtively in a column
applied to consecutive email entries can generate the formulas effortlessly
for the rest as explained below.

Put in the formula the cell references (cell values) for first email ID
entry and put the appropriate reference (cell value) of the cell where
subject matter resides, apply the formula to the next cell below it and in
the formula replace with the cell value of the 2nd email Id and subject
matter as before.Select the two cells sporting the formula entered and pull
on the '+'mark at the bottom right of the selection and the formula gets
updated with cell values of the consecutive cell values in the email Id
column.

Pull untill the last entry of the email Id column to get the clickable links
for the email Id column in the adjacent column.

The above is useful when you need to change the Subject. Just change the
cell contents where you have typed the subject message and it would be
applicable to all emails generated by clicking the formula coulmn.

Case 1 referencing 'email' from cells and subject matter being specified in
the formula

if email need to be referenced from a cell and the subject need to be
specified in the formula then type the following HYPERLINK formula to the cell

=HYPERLINK("mailto:"&A441&"?subject=hello","Clickt osendemail")

and follow the rest as above.

Hope this is clarified

If you need mail merging solutions for outlook express please feel free to
write to me -

Best Regards
George Kottackakathu
India
+919944904304

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I could take this question one step further - I have a spread that has one
column listing "lastname, firstname" in each cell. I'd like to convert those
to another column and create email addresses for them.

I've already learned to split the cells so that I can separate the data from
one column into two (from last,first, to last in one cell and first in
another) but I'm curious to find out if there is a formula that will do this
all at once with a designated company email address.

Example:

Thank you!

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to insert a hyperlink that when clicked upon the current excel
spreadsheet is sent via e-mail...how can i do this?? i know how to make the
hyperlink go to e-mail but it is not containing the information on the
spreadsheet?? can you please help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Is it possible to include the contents of multiple cells as message with
single line spacing in between?

i.e.

Account No. 12345678

Firm Name ABC Ltd

Amount $1,999.00

Igbert

"DREW@SRP" wrote:

I am trying to insert a hyperlink that when clicked upon the current excel
spreadsheet is sent via e-mail...how can i do this?? i know how to make the
hyperlink go to e-mail but it is not containing the information on the
spreadsheet?? can you please help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use Outlook code this is possible

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/tips2.htm

"igbert" schreef in bericht

"DREW@SRP" wrote:

I am trying to insert a hyperlink that when clicked upon the current
excel
spreadsheet is sent via e-mail...how can i do this?? i know how to make
the
hyperlink go to e-mail but it is not containing the information on the
spreadsheet?? can you please help?

signature database 4282 (20090727) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4282 (20090727) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See
http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A

"igbert" schreef in bericht

"DREW@SRP" wrote:

I am trying to insert a hyperlink that when clicked upon the current
excel
spreadsheet is sent via e-mail...how can i do this?? i know how to
make
the
hyperlink go to e-mail but it is not containing the information on the
spreadsheet?? can you please help?

signature database 4282 (20090727) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4282 (20090727) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4284 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4284 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, 13 December 2007 02:20:01 UTC+5:30, boustrophedon wrote:
I want to make an email hyperlink that includes text and a cell value in the
subject line, like this: Status Change [Data!A1] .

Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to VB it?

Thanks the HYPERLINK thingie worked :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Every One,

The above =CONCATENATE(Value1,Value2) is working fine. Thanks for it.

I have a query similar like this - I want to add name also in subject line.

now i have 3 value - column1-EMAIL, column2-NAME, column3-?subject=Your%20Welcoome

I want to display subjest line with name & Subject:: Hi Danial - Your Welcome

I was trying to add second column name value with the formula with subject but that was not working, i was trying - ?subject=(=b2)-Your%20Welcoome

Is there any way that can work according to requirement???

Please suggest

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try...

"?Subject="&B2

Note that mailto: requires a string...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Banned

Không chỉ ở cạc nước phạt triển trong khu vực, can ho topaz home cũng tuân thủ theo quy lu*t nhất c*n ả, tem thư c*n giang chốc nói béng v* trị của bất cồn sản, đồng hổ niệm ả ở thời hiện đại xuể hiểu l* trung tâm thị th*nh.
Khó từng nh* c*n ả, c*n giang

Nhìn qua danh thiếp siêu th*nh phố vạc triển như Hong Kong, Tokyo sẽ thấy thẳng t*nh cạc đ*t dân cư lỡ gần trung tâm tỉnh th*nh, vừa nhiều diện t*ng trữ bình diện nước tự nhiên to l* cực kì hi hữu. giá nh* đ*t trọng điểm tại cạc siêu th*nh thị đều cao hơn chắc sánh đồng tại TP.HCM thời điểm ng*y nay, như Bangkok (140 - 200 triệu đồng/m2), Singapore (400 500 triệu đồng/m2), Tokyo (700 800 triệu đồng/m2).

Những nh* vá v*u giới quốc tế cho biết tại các quốc gia n*o, những đ*t bẳn may mắn sở hữu địa gắng thu*n tiện liên lạc, phong cảnh hữu tình yêu bộc trực lắm v* cao hơn từ 20% - 30% sánh đồng danh thiếp đ*t vực khác. dĩ nhiên, đây chỉ gi*u dạng l* nơi sống mực tầng lớp th*nh đạt, thượng lưu; như khu Vịnh nước cạn Repulse d*n, Vịnh nác Sâu Deep Water đi ở hơ Kong; hoặc khu dân cư vòng quanh đả viên Shinjuku Gyeon v* bảo tồn nh* nước Tokyo ở Nh*t (chỗ nhiều lắm sông xỏ xiên v* lượng xanh)

Theo quy hoạch, TP.HCM cũng phân phát triển trọng điểm đô thị d*nh l*u theo bờ Tây sông S*i Gòn nhằm t*n dụng tối đa phong cảnh sông nác. Tuy v*y, quỹ bẳn d*nh tặng việc phát triển các khu dân cư tại đây hết sức hạn chế v* dần khản hãn hữu. lúc TP.HCM đạt mốc xì 10 triệu dân, trở nên siêu thị th*nh ra năm 2025 thời việc tìm không buồng sống gần phường phố, c*n sông tại TP.HCM sẽ trở th*nh không ngỡ!

Xem thông báo chi máu tại: https://www.facebook.com/canmuabannhadat/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 2:20:01 AM UTC+5:30, boustrophedon wrote:
I want to make an email hyperlink that includes text and a cell value in the
subject line, like this: Status Change [Data!A1] .

Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to VB it?

=IF(G23=0,"",HYPERLINK("mailto:"&R23&"?body="&$M$2 2&"%0A"&M23&"%0A"&$L$22&"%0A"&L23&"%0A"&$O$22&"%0A "&O23&"%0A"&$G$22&"%0A"&G23&"%0A"&$I$22&"%0A"&I23& "%0A"&$K$22&"%0A"&K23,"send"))*HYPERLINK("mailto:" &R23&"?body="&$M$22&"%0A"&M23)

how I am chang of L23 cell valu in date formate in body ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Trying to opt out of analytic data colection . hyperlink showed error unkmown url