Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert 00:06 minutes to 6

Hello
how can I convert 00:06 minutes to 6
tried the =RIGHT(AA8,LEN(AA8)-4)*1
but can't seem to get it to work?
could some one please point me in the right direction.
regards
Ditchy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ditchy,

Am Sat, 9 Jul 2011 00:39:57 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Ditchy:

how can I convert 00:06 minutes to 6
tried the =RIGHT(AA8,LEN(AA8)-4)*1
but can't seem to get it to work?
could some one please point me in the right direction.

your time in A1. Then:
=A1*1440 and format "General"

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ditchy,

Am Sat, 9 Jul 2011 09:58:53 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

your time in A1. Then:
=A1*1440 and format "General"

time * 1440 converts all times to minutes. If you only want to extract
the part with minutes then try:
=MINUTE(A1)

Regards
Claus Busch