Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting or VBA

Hi All
Hope all of you are having/have had a great day.
With sweltering weather outside I am stuck indoors analyzing banking
data.
I am hoping one of you could make life easier by suggesting that would
make things easier.
Okay I have many different bank statements on the one sheet sorted by
date.
What I am trying to do is check inter account movements.
These aren't obvious by the account "transfer" classifications the
banks use so I am having to examine transactions on the same date of
which there could be as many as 10 to 15 and then similar amounts
coming/leaving the accounts.What I would like to achieve a sort of
banding depending on the date so it differentiates the different data.
I figured that maybe part of the solution might be to create a
"helper" column with the formula A1-A2, A2-A3 etc. This leaves me with
a zero and when there is a change in date negative figs then perhaps a
VB script to get the banding.
Maybe this isn't possible.

Thanks for looking.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mr X Z formulated the question :
[...]

One way...

Use CF to 'flag' amounts in the debit column with matching amount in
the credit column if the transaction dates match.

--
Garry