LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Sub or Function not defined - Call to a sub in and XLAM addin

Have to admit: I don't quite understand XLA:s and their use.

I have made an XLAM file with common UDFs: and Subs. In the developer mode, this XLAM is loaded in the project window (as a project). I have loaded the XLAM in "Excel-Options-Addins".
In Worksheet I can call a function in that XLAM, but when I run a macro, which calls a public Sub in XLAM, I get this error. Of course I should add it into the references, but it is not visible in the available list. I can browse to the directory, where it locates, but it is then called simply "VBAProject" and conflicts with the already loaded XLAM. What's the clue?

Håkan
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Sub or Function not defined - Call to a sub in and XLAM addin

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 5:25:07 PM UTC+3, hbj wrote:
Have to admit: I don't quite understand XLA:s and their use.

I have made an XLAM file with common UDFs: and Subs. In the developer mode, this XLAM is loaded in the project window (as a project). I have loaded the XLAM in "Excel-Options-Addins".
In Worksheet I can call a function in that XLAM, but when I run a macro, which calls a public Sub in XLAM, I get this error. Of course I should add it into the references, but it is not visible in the available list. I can browse to the directory, where it locates, but it is then called simply "VBAProject" and conflicts with the already loaded XLAM. What's the clue?

Håkan

ALREADY SOLVED!

I just found e very useful explanation on XLAMs:
http://fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut08.htm
I had to rename the AddIn from "VBAProject" to another not to conflict with the default name for the open file.

What I actually did: Open the XLSM instance if the AddIn
Change the name in VBA Project window
Save it in XLAM
Load it in Excel-options-AddIns
In my work file, in VBA editor, Tools-Reference, tag the name of your XLAM..

Håkan