remove convert/extract the number from'12345.56; ie remove ' sign

Old January 10th 08, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wan

Default remove convert/extract the number from'12345.56; ie remove ' sign

Method to convert 'nnnnn.nnn" to just the numbers without the apostrophe sign
Old January 10th 08, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_]

Hi

With the data in A1, enter in B1
=A1*1 or =A1+0

That will convert the Text of the number to a numeric value

If you have a large range of data to convert, type 1 into a blank cell
somewhere on your sheet. Copy that cell.
Now, mark the range of cells with text numbers>Paste Special>Multiply
--

Regards
Roger Govier

Old January 10th 08, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

Select the range of "numbers"

From the Excel Main Menu: