Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jermsalerms

Default Counting Months

Cell A1 is a date and cell A2 is a date.
what formula can I use to make A3 return the correct amount of months
between these two dates.

Example:
A1 = 6/1/2006
A2 = 9/01/2007
A3 = 15

PS - A1 and A2 are formatted as DATES

--
jermsalerms
jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30167

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Kuunders

one way

=(A2-A1)/30.42

format as number --no decimals.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"jermsalerms"
wrote in message

Cell A1 is a date and cell A2 is a date.
what formula can I use to make A3 return the correct amount of months
between these two dates.

Example:
A1 = 6/1/2006
A2 = 9/01/2007
A3 = 15

PS - A1 and A2 are formatted as DATES

--
jermsalerms
jermsalerms's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548738

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excelent

=(YEAR(A2)-YEAR(A1))*12+MONTH(A2)-MONTH(A1)
Format as standard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"jermsalerms"
wrote in message

Cell A1 is a date and cell A2 is a date.
what formula can I use to make A3 return the correct amount of months
between these two dates.

Example:
A1 = 6/1/2006
A2 = 9/01/2007