Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob

Default Can't unhide rows

I hide and unhide rows all the time and don't have a problem, but this time
I do with one worksheet in my workbook.

I have tried selecting a cell, or many cells in the area hidden, using the
Go To command in the Edit toolbar, and then using the Unhide feature under
Format on the toolbar without success.

I've checked that the sheet code has the EnableSelection set to
xlNoRestrictons.

I've clicked the last visable cell and dragged the mouse down whilst holding
the left mouse button down and then selecting Unhide (which is my normal
method).

I can hide more rows and then unhide them again, but from row 949 onwards
they will not unhide

Sheet is not locked! All the columns are visable.

AAAaaaarrrrggggg!!!! Any suggestions anyone?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob

Hooray! Found the answer.....I highlighted the whole worksheet and changed
the row height to 12 for all rows and the unhide procedure worked. A
mystery to me!!!

If someone could give a reason for this, I would certainly appreciate that.

Rob

"Rob" wrote in message
I hide and unhide rows all the time and don't have a problem, but this time
I do with one worksheet in my workbook.

I have tried selecting a cell, or many cells in the area hidden, using the
Go To command in the Edit toolbar, and then using the Unhide feature under
Format on the toolbar without success.

I've checked that the sheet code has the EnableSelection set to
xlNoRestrictons.

I've clicked the last visable cell and dragged the mouse down whilst
holding the left mouse button down and then selecting Unhide (which is my
normal method).

I can hide more rows and then unhide them again, but from row 949 onwards
they will not unhide

Sheet is not locked! All the columns are visable.

AAAaaaarrrrggggg!!!! Any suggestions anyone?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Rob,

I suspect that the rows in question were not hidden but had had their height
set to a very low value, e.g. 0.5.

At such a value the rows would not be visible but would not respond to an
unhide instruction.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Rob" wrote in message
I hide and unhide rows all the time and don't have a problem, but this
time I do with one worksheet in my workbook.

I have tried selecting a cell, or many cells in the area hidden, using
the Go To command in the Edit toolbar, and then using the Unhide feature
under Format on the toolbar without success.

I've checked that the sheet code has the EnableSelection set to
xlNoRestrictons.

I've clicked the last visable cell and dragged the mouse down whilst
holding the left mouse button down and then selecting Unhide (which is my
normal method).

I can hide more rows and then unhide them again, but from row 949 onwards
they will not unhide

Sheet is not locked! All the columns are visable.

AAAaaaarrrrggggg!!!! Any suggestions anyone?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob

Thanks Norman. I suspected something like this, but I had not changed the
height to anything near that. The minimum I used throughout the worksheet
was 5 not .5.

Oh well, maybe just a gliche.

Rob