Junior Member

Default Links won't update unless both sheets are open...?

I have read some troubleshooting on this topic, but nothing that relates to my specific issue.

I have a master file and then four other spreadsheets that use formulas to update based on that master file. To pull the information from the master sheet, I am using IF(OR) formulas.

For months, these links worked and updated without issue. Then, one of the employees here who uses one of the "destination" sheets got a new computer, and now the links won't work unless both spreadsheets are open. At first, he was the only one who had the issue, then another employee who uses another "destination" sheet also got a new computer and is now having the same problem. Both employees went from Excel 2007 to Excel 2010, and I created all the spreadsheets in Excel 2007 and still have Excel 2007.

The weird thing is, I have not gotten a new computer, but I am also seeing the issue. But before they received new computers, everything worked fine.

So I don't know if this is an Excel or Windows issue, any thoughts?