Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Problem with links form a word file to excel graphs

I have a word document in 2003 format that had hyperlinks with graphs created
in an excel 2003 file. The links were updated automatically every time the
data (graphs) were refreshed in the excel.
After upgrading to office 2007 the hyperlinks from the excel to the word
document do not update.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi SavvasC,

If you've updated the file formats for the Excel files from the '.xls' format to '.xlsx', the links in the Word file will still be
looking for the old 'xls' versions. You'll need to edit the links to fis that. Plus, if you've changed to Vista, the filepaths are
likely to be different and you need to edit those too.

--
Cheers
macropod

"SavvasC" wrote in message ...
I have a word document in 2003 format that had hyperlinks with graphs created
in an excel 2003 file. The links were updated automatically every time the
data (graphs) were refreshed in the excel.
After upgrading to office 2007 the hyperlinks from the excel to the word
document do not update.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
sc sc is offline

Dear macropod,

thank you for your immediate response and answer on this issue. I tried copy
paste-special link from the .xlsx version and it doesnt work. Also, keep in
mind that we didn't upgrade form XP to Vista. We are still using XP Pro.

"SavvasC" wrote in message ...
I have a word document in 2003 format that had hyperlinks with graphs created
in an excel 2003 file. The links were updated automatically every time the
data (graphs) were refreshed in the excel.
After upgrading to office 2007 the hyperlinks from the excel to the word
document do not update.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi sc,

Have you checked whether Word 2007 is configured to automatically update the links (Word Options|Advanced General Update
automatic links at open)?

--
Cheers
macropod