Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default hyperlinks change when sorting

I have a column of hyperlinks on my worksheet. When I sort my data, the NAME
of the hyperlink sorts, but not the actual link attached. What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

This is a "feature" of Excel. The hyperlinks apply to the cells themselves -
not their contents. Therefore, when you sort, the values get sorted but the
links stay put.
Microsoft REALLY needs to fix this. It's annoying, unintuitive, and,
frankly, WRONG behavior.

"lisa needs help" wrote:

I have a column of hyperlinks on my worksheet. When I sort my data, the NAME
of the hyperlink sorts, but not the actual link attached. What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Convert them to HYPERLINK Worksheet Formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...vertHyperlinks

Some other aspects of sorting are contained in the following.

Sorting, Some notes on sorting in Excel
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

Using OFFSET to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm

Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie