Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default How Can I remove Dead Links ???

I have a workbook that had some old links in it. I rebuilt all the sheets
with new links and deleted the old ones but yet every time I open the work
book it still is looking for old links I don't understand. And when I go to
EDIT - LINKS you know to show which workbooks the one I have open is linked
to, anyhow it still shows that it is linked to old workbooks that do not
exist anymore because I have deleted them. How can I change this so my
workbook is not looking for the dead links ??
Help !

Dan Thompson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

If you Office Button Open FindLink.xla and you enable macros or
trust the publisher (me!) you should find its Find Links menu item
appearing on the Menu Commands group of the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon.

If not, please give me details of what you are seeing (or not!).

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Thank You very much Bill.
The Find Links menu item does appear on the Menu Commands group of the
Add-Ins tab on the ribbon, but it doesn't work because, as I have understood,
the Excel 2007 installation lacks a "VBA Converter Pack", which I can't seem
to find anywhere as a download.
Am I supposed to buy it, you think? Would be a shame....

"Bill Manville" wrote:

If you Office Button Open FindLink.xla and you enable macros or
trust the publisher (me!) you should find its Find Links menu item
appearing on the Menu Commands group of the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon.

If not, please give me details of what you are seeing (or not!).

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

"VBA translation pack" is news to me.
What happens when you use the Find Links menu item?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

See article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926430/en-us/

"CAUSE: This issue occurs because Excel 2007 does not directly support the
conversion of macros that are written by using Excel 5.0/95 VBA. The VBA
Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft Office suites.
The VBA Converter Pack must be installed separately."

Piero.it

"Bill Manville" wrote:

"VBA translation pack" is news to me.
What happens when you use the Find Links menu item?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

See also this thread, if you bother

http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/919046.htm

Thanks, Bill.

Piero.it

"Bill Manville" wrote:

"VBA translation pack" is news to me.
What happens when you use the Find Links menu item?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Piero.it wrote:
Excel 2007 does not directly support the
conversion of macros that are written by using Excel 5.0/95 VBA.

Then I suspect you are using a very old version of FINDLINK.
Download a current version from http://oaltd.co.uk/mvp