Junior Member

Question Set date minuse 1 working day

Hello

Im struggling and cant locate a fix please help.

i have a date Exp: 20/01/13 in cella A2 and i want cell B2 to show me the previous working day. Coluld someone please help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris

P.s i am using excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Set date minuse 1 working day

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:01:44 +0100, lostgrave2001 wrote:

Hello

Im struggling and cant locate a fix please help.

i have a date Exp: 20/01/13 in cella A2 and i want cell B2 to show me
the previous working day. Coluld someone please help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris

P.s i am using excel 2003

b2: =workday(a2,-1)

If you get a #NAME error, examine HELP for the WORKDAY function for instructions on adding the Analysis ToolPak
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In message of Tue, 16 Jul
2013 19:15:34 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Ron Rosenfeld
writes
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:01:44 +0100, lostgrave2001 <lostgrave2001.c2b835
wrote:

Hello

Im struggling and cant locate a fix please help.

i have a date Exp: 20/01/13 in cella A2 and i want cell B2 to show me
the previous working day. Coluld someone please help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris

P.s i am using excel 2003

b2: =workday(a2,-1)

If you get a #NAME error, examine HELP for the WORKDAY function for
instructions on adding the Analysis ToolPak

Ron,
Thanks for answering the question.
I looked at the WORKDAY worksheet function and see it includes an
optional holiday parameter.
If I had a need for workday, I would want to specify a list of holidays
in some fashion, which was shared among all worksheets in my
installation of Excel.
Tools/Options/Custom List allows new lists to be specified. Such lists
are shared. How can such a list be used in workday?
Alternatively, can you suggest another mechanism?
Just to put numbers on the problem, my holiday list contains December
25, December 26 and January 01.
Like Chris, I use Excel 2003.
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 05:57:42 +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:

Ron,
Thanks for answering the question.
I looked at the WORKDAY worksheet function and see it includes an
optional holiday parameter.
If I had a need for workday, I would want to specify a list of holidays
in some fashion, which was shared among all worksheets in my
installation of Excel.
Tools/Options/Custom List allows new lists to be specified. Such lists
are shared. How can such a list be used in workday?
Alternatively, can you suggest another mechanism?
Just to put numbers on the problem, my holiday list contains December
25, December 26 and January 01.
Like Chris, I use Excel 2003.

On one of your worksheets, merely set up your list of holidays. Then refer to it either directly or, if you have NAME'd the list, by it's NAME.
You might put the list, for example, in Sheet3!A1:A3 and Define Name: Holidays Refers To: Sheet3!$A$1:$A$3
Then =WORKDAY(your_base_date, -1, Holidays)

A caveat: The dates must be full dates -- not just month and day.