Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How print pages without including the first sheet?

How can I number pages without including the pages from the first
sheet in the page count?
first or first few
pages?

In particular:
There are many sheets in the "book".
The first sheet, which may print on more than
one page, is a "summary" that should not be
included in the footers.

The number of pages in the printout for the
sheets varies from month to month.

I want the footers of the printed pages to
include a page number that starts at 1 for the
first page of the second sheet.

The &[page] construct in the footer doesn't work directly.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

With sheet1 having a variable number of pages I would suggest two print
jobs.

First job sheet1 with no page numbers...............second with all sheets
but sheet1 with page numbers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 31 May 2009 12:47:17 -0400, Mark F wrote:

How can I number pages without including the pages from the first
sheet in the page count?
first or first few
pages?

In particular:
There are many sheets in the "book".
The first sheet, which may print on more than
one page, is a "summary" that should not be
included in the footers.

The number of pages in the printout for the
sheets varies from month to month.

I want the footers of the printed pages to
include a page number that starts at 1 for the
first page of the second sheet.

The &[page] construct in the footer doesn't work directly.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 13:23:06 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

With sheet1 having a variable number of pages I would suggest two print
jobs.

First job sheet1 with no page numbers...............second with all sheets
but sheet1 with page numbers.

We wound up doing something like that.

However it seems like there might
be a way to it by using a custom footer for sheet1 without a page
number and also setting the value of &[Page] to an appropriate
negative number by going to "View" "Header and Footer..."
and then in "Page Setup" tab "Page" "First page number".

I'd have to see how many pages there were on sheet1, but that number
will only change once a year.