Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dri

Default Change cell colour by date

Hi All
I'm working on a spreadsheet for a maintenance program. I'm looking for a
way to change the cell colour depending on when a task is due. For example:
when a monthly task is due I would like the cell colour to change to remind
me that it is due in a week.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Stefi

Use Conditional formatting, see details in Help!
Regards,
Stefi

€žDri€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi All
I'm working on a spreadsheet for a maintenance program. I'm looking for a
way to change the cell colour depending on when a task is due. For example:
when a monthly task is due I would like the cell colour to change to remind
me that it is due in a week.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Perhaps a quick play to ease you in as well ?

Assuming the due dates are in col B, in B2:B10 (say), and we want the entire
row(s) to appear shaded yellow if the due date is <= 7 days from today

Select row2 down to row10 (select the row headers)
[this ensures that A2 is active]

Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings:
Formula is: =AND($B2<"",$B2-TODAY()<=7)
Click Format button Patterns tab Yellow OK
Click OK at the main dialog

--
Max
Singapore
"Dri" wrote in message
Hi All
I'm working on a spreadsheet for a maintenance program. I'm looking for a
way to change the cell colour depending on when a task is due. For

example:
when a monthly task is due I would like the cell colour to change to

remind
me that it is due in a week.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Select row2 down to row10 (select the row headers)

Just a clarification that we could actually select rows beyond row10, i.e.
pre-format ahead of dates input in col B, since the CF formula includes
checks for blank cells in col B as well (via the part: $B2<"").
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dri

Max,
Thanks for taking the time out to help me. You've pointed me in the right
direction perfectly.
Best wishes