LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Not incrementing cell reference

Is it possible to copy and paste a cell with a formula containing a reference to another sheet of data into a cell on another row without incrementing the cell reference?

Sheet1
1A(x)
2A(y)
3A(z)

Sheet2
1A(x)
2A
3A(y)
4A
5A(z)

So that the rows are shipped on sheet2 but the reference is not skipped sheet1.

Thanks
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picc View Post
Is it possible to copy and paste a cell with a formula containing a reference to another sheet of data into a cell on another row without incrementing the cell reference?

Sheet1
1A(x)
2A(y)
3A(z)

Sheet2
1A(x)
2A
3A(y)
4A
5A(z)

So that the rows are shipped on sheet2 but the reference is not skipped sheet1.

Thanks
Use the $ sign.

Instead of:

=Sheet2!C6

use:

=Sheet2!C$6
  #3   Report Post  

I should have been more clear. I need just one increment. The issue is incrementing too many rows. I need it only to increment 1 row, as in the next row down the column, instead of incrementing the number of rows that I have skipped in the formula sheet.

I'm trying to duplicate a formula and skip rows, but pull data from one column with no rows skipped.

I have tried using the OFFSET() and INDIRECT() function but they seem to only do the opposite of what I need. I haven't tried these with $ though.

I need: (for a rough example)

B1=A1
B2=empty
B3=A2

Instead I get:

B1=A1
B2=empty
B3=A3

When I duplicate cell B1 into B3 (skipping a row) I get the reference skipped as well. This makes sense with the relative reference operation. I just want to get around to avoid skipping the references. So that B3=A2.

Please let me know if I'm even on the right track for this. If you have a moment, I appreciate you help very much.

Perhaps I can explain what I'm trying to with the data...let me know. I can send examples for more clarity.

Thanks