Junior Member

Default Fill in the blank form

OK I'm about as new to Excel as one can be, (normally I drive a patrol car but while I recover from an injury I'm driving a desk) I have to figure there is a way to create a "Fill in the blank and check the box" form that will auto populate cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The form will be posted on an "Employee Only" web site. Can anyone walk me through creating the form? The current process involves an MS Word form that is filled out online, emailed, printed and then the information is hand entered into Excel which is what I get to do from behind this desk.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
OK I'm about as new to Excel as one can be, (normally I drive a patrol car but while I recover from an injury I'm driving a desk) I have to figure there is a way to create a "Fill in the blank and check the box" form that will auto populate cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The form will be posted on an "Employee Only" web site. Can anyone walk me through creating the form? The current process involves an MS Word form that is filled out online, emailed, printed and then the information is hand entered into Excel which is what I get to do from behind this desk.
Hi Kayden,

Do you mean an electronic representation of the form that gets emailed and printed which will allow you to easily enter the data from the form and turn it into a usable spreadsheet?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Kayden,

Do you mean an electronic representation of the form that gets emailed and printed which will allow you to easily enter the data from the form and turn it into a usable spreadsheet?
Spencer,

What I am hoping to to, (and maybe this isn't possible), is create a form that gets posted on a secure intranet site, that will allow the user to fill in the blanks and automatically capture the data entered in a backgroung spreadsheet, once the used hits "Submit" or "Send".