Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Day Trading Spreadsheet

I have created a spreadsheet that captures all the trades that I make
and does a few calculations for profit/loss and stop loss calculations.
While a trade is ACTIVE, I want to monitor just the ACTIVE trades on
another Tab.

On this new Sheet called ACTIVE TRADES I have values for:

Risk, Initial Price, Initial Stop Loss, Current Price, Modified Stop
Loss. I am populating this Active Trades Sheet by determining, if the
Exit Price from my All Trades Sheet is empty. If this value is blank,
then the trade is considered active. This is working just fine for me.

However, the other values for Risk, Initial Price, Initial Stop Loss are
showing in their respective columns, because I have formulas that
populate regardless to the value shown in Exit Price. Is there a more
elegant way to just track my Active trades on another Sheet within the
same Workbook, without doing what I have done above.

I've been doing some research on arrays and vlookup, but I'm not sure if
these are the proper methods to do what I want to do.