Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink function to open PDFs at a certain page

Dear All,

I have a 2 column spreadsheet. I want a third column to perform the task described below.

Col A contains the path and filename of my PDF file
Col B contains the page number within the PDF which I would like to present to me when I click on a wonderful solution in Column C.

The wonderful solution might be a variant on the =Hyperlink function. When I use Hyperlink as it is currently functions, regardless or not whether I append #page[23] , I cannot get the PDF to open at the correct page (23 in that example).

Any brains out there who can sort me out, much appreciated.

I have thousands of rows, and many of the PDF files have many tens of pages (one of them has nearly 2000 pages)

Thanks

Gerry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear All,

I have a 2 column spreadsheet. I want a third column to perform the
task described below.

Col A contains the path and filename of my PDF file
Col B contains the page number within the PDF which I would like to
present to me when I click on a wonderful solution in Column C.

The wonderful solution might be a variant on the =Hyperlink function.
When I use Hyperlink as it is currently functions, regardless or not
whether I append #page[23] , I cannot get the PDF to open at the
correct page (23 in that example).

Any brains out there who can sort me out, much appreciated.

I have thousands of rows, and many of the PDF files have many tens of
pages (one of them has nearly 2000 pages)

Thanks

Gerry.

You need a PDF API for this task. Very expensive!

The 1st page to display is stored in the PDF's metadata, which means
you need a solution with the abilty to write streams at the binary
level. Unless someone already has written an addin or DLL that does
this, you are in for a lot of work! You can look at DsoFile.dll (free)
to see if it has this capability. Otherwise you may need to buy a 3rd
party component and if available you need to distribute/register it on
every machine that uses your project...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!