Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Opening up documents in two different windows HELP

I am about to go insane. I am working on two spread sheets and I have dual
monitors. I want one spreadsheet opened on one monitor and the second spread
sheet on the other. I cannot figure out how to open a new spreadsheet in a
new window as opposed to what it defaults to now which is opening every
single spreadsheet in 1 single window.

FYI I am using Office 2007

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I am about to go insane. I am working on two spread sheets and I have dual
monitors. I want one spreadsheet opened on one monitor and the second spread
sheet on the other. I cannot figure out how to open a new spreadsheet in a
new window as opposed to what it defaults to now which is opening every
single spreadsheet in 1 single window.

FYI I am using Office 2007
I usually open Excel documents via Windows Explorer, and I have the same problem. I was able to fix the problem by opening at least one of the Excel documents via Excel, not Windows Explorer. Beats me why it works via that method and not the other. I hope this helps.