Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel on Iphone

A supplier of mine has sent his invoice via e-mail in .xls format. It
reads perfectly well on my Iphone but when trying to view attachment on
my PC all I get is #REF and #VALUE. I know that there are obviously
references to another spreadsheet but how can the Iphone ignore this?

Thanks.

--
Gary Ridgway
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gary Ridgway wrote :
A supplier of mine has sent his invoice via e-mail in .xls format. It reads
perfectly well on my Iphone but when trying to view attachment on my PC all I
get is #REF and #VALUE. I know that there are obviously references to another
spreadsheet but how can the Iphone ignore this?

Thanks.

I can't answer your Q about iphone but IMO, anyone using any app to
send an invoice should be outputting to PDF or XPS (there's a very good
reason why these doc formats were invented!) before sending since a
compound document is considerably larger than either printed forms of
the invoice, AND it can be modified if the recipient has the app the
doc was created in.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!