Junior Member

Question Save a copy or Overwrite changes popup message

Hi
Anytime i click on the save button a popup box appears which says,

the file 'called XXXXX' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?
*Save a copy
*Overwrite changes

However i am the only person accessing the file. Where and how can i permanently change this setting to not display this message?

I am using the newer version of excel 2007.

Thanks in advance
Junior Member

Location: bangalore
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roreto View Post
Hi
Anytime i click on the save button a popup box appears which says,

the file 'called XXXXX' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?
*Save a copy
*Overwrite changes

However i am the only person accessing the file. Where and how can i permanently change this setting to not display this message?

I am using the newer version of excel 2007.

Thanks in advance
May be the file is in Read only mode . Remove the read only by right clicking on the file and change to read and write access.