Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default change the displayed title so 'microsoft exel' is not in it

How can i reduce that title displayed on the task bar and the window border
so that it doesnt say 'microsoft excel (spreadsheet name)' but instead just
says 'spreadsheet name'. I know its an excel document, i can tell from the
green x. I would much rather be able to see the title especially when i have
many open at once.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try this

Public WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set App = Application
End Sub

Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window)
If Wb.Path < "" Then App.Caption = Wb.Path
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob

"dmvj" wrote in message
How can i reduce that title displayed on the task bar and the window
border
so that it doesnt say 'microsoft excel (spreadsheet name)' but instead
just
says 'spreadsheet name'. I know its an excel document, i can tell from
the
green x. I would much rather be able to see the title especially when i
have
many open at once.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Try this with Workbook_Open

Public WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim FileN As String
Set App = Application
If App.Caption < "" Then
App.Caption = " "

With the above code you should be able to get only the File Name on the title bar....

dmvj wrote:

change the displayed title so 'microsoft exel' is not in it
01-Jun-10

How can i reduce that title displayed on the task bar and the window border
so that it doesnt say 'microsoft excel (spreadsheet name)' but instead just
says 'spreadsheet name'. I know its an excel document, i can tell from the
green x. I would much rather be able to see the title especially when i have
many open at once.

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ne-part-4.aspx