Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Mail merge two word

When there is a percentage on the Excel form it comes out as a decimal with
numbers to the right when all I want is it to read 31%. I found from another
question/answer what seems to be how I fix this but I don't know where to put
this particular formula. What was written as a fix is,

Percentages

Frequently, percentages will display as decimals - e.g. 41% from the data
may display as 0.41354836739 when merged into Word. To display the decimal as
a percentage, you should create a calculated field e.g.:

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Amount} * 100\#"0%"}

From my understanding this will make it show up on the word document as 41%
instead of 0.41354836739. Where do I put this formula?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That command/formula will go into the mergefield in Word, not in Excel.

See here for help.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...164951033.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:22:02 -0700, Cruise
wrote:

When there is a percentage on the Excel form it comes out as a decimal with
numbers to the right when all I want is it to read 31%. I found from another
question/answer what seems to be how I fix this but I don't know where to put
this particular formula. What was written as a fix is,

Percentages

Frequently, percentages will display as decimals - e.g. 41% from the data
may display as 0.41354836739 when merged into Word. To display the decimal as
a percentage, you should create a calculated field e.g.:

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Amount} * 100\#"0%"}

From my understanding this will make it show up on the word document as 41%
instead of 0.41354836739. Where do I put this formula?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Excel you can use

=TEXT(your_formula,"0.00%")

to get a text values and when you merge it will stay that way

Otherwise post this question in a Word newsgroup

Peo Sjoblom

"Cruise" wrote in message
When there is a percentage on the Excel form it comes out as a decimal
with
numbers to the right when all I want is it to read 31%. I found from
another
question/answer what seems to be how I fix this but I don't know where to
put
this particular formula. What was written as a fix is,

Percentages

Frequently, percentages will display as decimals - e.g. 41% from the data
may display as 0.41354836739 when merged into Word. To display the decimal
as
a percentage, you should create a calculated field e.g.:

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Amount} * 100\#"0%"}

From my understanding this will make it show up on the word document as
41%
instead of 0.41354836739. Where do I put this formula?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, I concede that the answer is where you send to me but I'm still
confused. I'm going to try and figure it out. So it is put on the Word
document. Is it <<title and then that strange calculation or is it
combining in some other way? I'm already excited that I have the knowledge
that it is possible to do. I'm having the same issue with periods of time
21:15:30 on the Excel sheet comes out on the Word document as a date. It's
causing a lot of work because it individually go to each merged letter and
put in the stuff that doesn't come out correctly.

wrote:

When there is a percentage on the Excel form it comes out as a decimal with
numbers to the right when all I want is it to read 31%. I found from another
question/answer what seems to be how I fix this but I don't know where to put
this particular formula. What was written as a fix is,

Percentages

Frequently, percentages will display as decimals - e.g. 41% from the data
may display as 0.41354836739 when merged into Word. To display the decimal as
a percentage, you should create a calculated field e.g.:

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Amount} * 100\#"0%"}

From my understanding this will make it show up on the word document as 41%
instead of 0.41354836739. Where do I put this formula?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cruise

Have a look at this site for using mergefields in Word.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MMergeIfFields.htm

For more help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Gord

wrote:

When there is a percentage on the Excel form it comes out as a decimal with
numbers to the right when all I want is it to read 31%. I found from another
question/answer what seems to be how I fix this but I don't know where to put
this particular formula. What was written as a fix is,

Percentages

Frequently, percentages will display as decimals - e.g. 41% from the data
may display as 0.41354836739 when merged into Word. To display the decimal as
a percentage, you should create a calculated field e.g.:

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Amount} * 100\#"0%"}

From my understanding this will make it show up on the word document as 41%