codetalker

Default Simple charting question

I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a
graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as
the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph -
0 44.1
1 47
3 44.7
4 43.5
5 50.2
13 59.9

I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of
the following:

(Simply): A bar graph with 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 13 as discreet points (labels) on
the X-axis with corresponding bars representing ball speed (y-axis). or,
(Slightly more complex) A line graph with temperature on the X-axis in a
linear (i.e. 0, 1, 2, 3, ......up to 15 degrees) manner with corresponding
ball speed on the y-axis.
I hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated

Debra Dalgleish

In the chart wizard, istead of a line chart, select the XY (scatter)
chart type, and one of the subtypes with lines.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List