Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default resorting tables

I am building a database with cell references from one worksheet to another.
How can I resort the original table without corrupting the data because the
cell position has changed.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Not sure what you're asking for.

Do you want to sort Sheet1 and have Sheet2 remain static?

As long as you have linking formulas in Sheet2, data will move when Sheet1
is sorted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 May 2010 13:25:01 -0700, NJEd
wrote:

I am building a database with cell references from one worksheet to another.
How can I resort the original table without corrupting the data because the
cell position has changed.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEd View Post
I am building a database with cell references from one worksheet to another.
How can I resort the original table without corrupting the data because the
cell position has changed.
Thanks for any suggestions.
I understand that you want to sort the data in sheet1 (parent) and should not reflect any change on the other sheet referring sheet1 (parent)

Workaround is here

make a copy of sheet1 and sort there.
steps 1: right click on the sheet1
step 2: choose move or copy

all the best
Thanks
Bala

Last edited by bala_vb : May 19th 10 at 12:06 PM