Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default stacked column chart

Cj,

yes it is possible.

--
regards

"Conditional join" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values. I want
the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see
the percentages with those bars instead of the value. For example, the total
for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such: Group = 50,
Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125. I want the stack bar to show a total of
200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group,
Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200),
12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise. Is this
possible? I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as that
put everything at 100%. I want to show the full value and then the
percentages within those sections.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Very helpful. Implicit in the "Can I?" was "How do I?"

Compute your percentages, or construct any custom labels in a worksheet
range, then use one of these free utilities to apply the text in this range
to the data labels in the chart:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

You can do it manually, but after about three labels it becomes very
tedious.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"driller" wrote in message
Cj,

yes it is possible.

--
regards

"Conditional join" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Driller,
Could you please tell me how to do it? I also have the same problem...
Thanks!!

Louisa

"driller" wrote:

Cj,

yes it is possible.

--
regards

"Conditional join" wrote:

I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values. I want
the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see
the percentages with those bars instead of the value. For example, the total
for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such: Group = 50,
Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125. I want the stack bar to show a total of
200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group,
Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200),
12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterprise. Is this
possible? I don't want to switch to the 100% stacked column chart as that
put everything at 100%. I want to show the full value and then the
percentages within those sections.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Compute your percentages, or construct any custom labels in a worksheet
range, then use one of these free utilities to apply the text in this range
to the data labels in the chart:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

You can change the labels manually, but after about three labels it becomes
very tedious.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Louisa" wrote in message
Hi Driller,
Could you please tell me how to do it? I also have the same problem...
Thanks!!

Louisa

"driller" wrote:

Cj,