Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hello, Some of my cell totals are off by one penny!

In my payroll spreadsheet used to track deductions and PR taxes due I found some (not all) totals are off by a penny. This is so weird. I don't have any rounding selected & I have decimal selected at 2 places (normal currency).

1) Link to my screenshot: /Users/sandyryan/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.46.23 PM.png

2) Pasted Screenshot he

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...6d&zw&atsh =1

I've attempted to add a screenshot but I'm not sure if either of them will work (there are 2 different attempts at adding it here).

In case the screenshots don't work, these are the figures in one example:
3/4/16 $108.04
3/5/16 $107.57
3/18/16 $107.57
3/25/16 $107.34 These figures are part of a formula that takes them from each of the employees Payroll deduction on different sheets in same spreadsheet.

March Total $430.51 (SHOULD BE $430.52) This # is a simple sum of the above 4 cells.

Quarter 1 Total $1,283.63 (off by 2 cents as the same thing happened in my February column, however the January column is correct.) Ugh!

I would very much appreciate any help I might receive!! Thank you!

Lori Thompson
239-810-0421
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lori,

Am Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:14:39 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

In case the screenshots don't work, these are the figures in one example:
3/4/16 $108.04
3/5/16 $107.57
3/18/16 $107.57
3/25/16 $107.34 These figures are part of a formula that takes them from each of the employees Payroll deduction on different sheets in same spreadsheet.

March Total $430.51 (SHOULD BE $430.52) This # is a simple sum of the above 4 cells.

please have a look:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/kb/78113
Use ROUND instead format for the cells with the formulas.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional