Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Help needed for inserting a row.

I am using Excel 2003.
I have a spreadsheet that has 2 Heading Rows.
The first row entries cover several columns.
The second row covers individual columns.
The formatting for the second row is for Bold and the vertical spacing is for about .5".
The vertical spacing for the other rows is about .25"
The first column is used for the date and the data is in descending date order, that is the most current date is on the top.
When I want to make a new entry I select the third row, which is the most recent date, and insert a row.
My problem is that the new row seems to take the formatting from the second row.
That is the height of the row is .5" and any data I enter is bold.
I would like the formatting for the new row to be the same as the third row.

Thanks for any and all help.
Junior Member

Try these.

Option 1 - Copy the row. Then select the area you want to format. Right click. From the menu, select format cells. Bold is under "font" header. This is a menu to have a look around, it shows all cell format etc.

Option 2 - Insert your row, then copy & paste the row that you actually want into the new row.

Option 3 - Excel inserts a row above the one you select. So if you are on row 3 and insert, the inserted row will copy ROW 3 into that above

I know these aren't probably the best options, but as there are no previous posts, these are all I can think of to help :)