Junior Member

Default Insert character to multiple cells

I am trying to find a function that will insert a character mid text to multiple cells. I need to make this "3AAA3" into this "3AAA03". I have tried the replace function and it does not seem to be working. Please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:51:35 +0000, LeahBea wrote:

I am trying to find a function that will insert a character mid text to
multiple cells. I need to make this "3AAA3" into this "3AAA03". I have
tried the replace function and it does not seem to be working. Please
help!!!

You don't give much information as to the possible variety of data with which you will be dealing, but with
3AAA3 in A1, =REPLACE(A1,LEN(A1),0,"0") will result in 3AAA03

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBea View Post
I am trying to find a function that will insert a character mid text to multiple cells. I need to make this "3AAA3" into this "3AAA03". I have tried the replace function and it does not seem to be working. Please help!!!

Are all of the values you need to alter 3AAA3 and all should end up 3AAA03?