Junior Member

Default Subcategories in Drop Down List

Is it possible to get a drop down list that is pulled from two different lists?
Such as:

Roof
-Demo
-Rebuild
Floor
-Demo
-Rebuild
Structure
-Demo
-Add new beams
-Rebuild

and etc.

I know you can do it by making one list dependent on the other, but my spreadsheet does not have room due to the inclusion of other columns. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

pspork submitted this idea :
Is it possible to get a drop down list that is pulled from two different
lists?
Such as:

Roof
-Demo
-Rebuild
Floor
-Demo
-Rebuild
Structure
-Demo
-Add new beams
-Rebuild

and etc.

I know you can do it by making one list dependent on the other, but my
spreadsheet does not have room due to the inclusion of other columns.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Why can't you store the lists on another sheet?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspork View Post
Is it possible to get a drop down list that is pulled from two different lists?
Such as:

Roof
-Demo
-Rebuild
Floor
-Demo
-Rebuild
Structure
-Demo
-Add new beams
-Rebuild

and etc.

I know you can do it by making one list dependent on the other, but my spreadsheet does not have room due to the inclusion of other columns. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Why not just have the list saying:

Roof - Demo
Roof - Rebuild
Floor - Demo
Floor - Rebuild
Structure - Demo
Structure - Add new beams
Structure - Rebuild

Perhaps I'm completely missing the point of your query.
Maybe some further information or perhaps an example of the sheet you're working on would help...