LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Equipment log

Hello

I am trying to create a register/log of equipment for our office. I have the data in a s/sheet and not sure what formula I need to use. Each piece of equipment has an ID, serial number, description and service date. I want to create a log where my engineers can just enter the ID reference in one cell and it pulls the serial number, description and service date into the cells going across. I am guessing I will need some sort of look up table. any ideas please?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
external usenet poster

Default Equipment log

There are at least two options:

1. AutoFilter - this presents the user with a pull-down list. All the user has to do is check the desired ID and the other associated daa will be displayed.

2. VLOOKUP() formulas also allow the user to enter an ID and have the assoicated data displayed.