Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2013 animation feature....

Just updated to Office 2013 and opened a spreadsheet that I have
developed only to find it now ran like dog. You could literally watch
the movement when you changed cells. Apparently this version has
animation built in.

There is a fix but it's not intuitive.

It involves going to the Ease of Access centre in Control panel.
You select use the computer without a display and then tick the checkbox
turn off unnecessary animation. Voila your spreadsheet responds quickly
again.

Why Microsoft WHY???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"XR8 Sprintless" wrote in message
Just updated to Office 2013 and opened a spreadsheet that I have developed
only to find it now ran like dog. You could literally watch the movement
when you changed cells. Apparently this version has animation built in.

There is a fix but it's not intuitive.

It involves going to the Ease of Access centre in Control panel.
You select use the computer without a display and then tick the checkbox
turn off unnecessary animation. Voila your spreadsheet responds quickly
again.

Why Microsoft WHY???

Indeed! That said I don't think how it affects how it actually runs in terms
of calculation etc.

But instead of changing system settings could add this

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Graphic s\DisableAnimations
value 1

May need to add a key for Graphics and DWord for DisableAnimations

Regards,
Peter T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 10/06/2014 11:36 PM, Peter T wrote:
"XR8 Sprintless" wrote in message
Just updated to Office 2013 and opened a spreadsheet that I have developed
only to find it now ran like dog. You could literally watch the movement
when you changed cells. Apparently this version has animation built in.

There is a fix but it's not intuitive.

It involves going to the Ease of Access centre in Control panel.
You select use the computer without a display and then tick the checkbox
turn off unnecessary animation. Voila your spreadsheet responds quickly
again.

Why Microsoft WHY???

Indeed! That said I don't think how it affects how it actually runs in terms
of calculation etc.

It does affect data entry though albeit in a minor annoying way.

But instead of changing system settings could add this

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Graphic s\DisableAnimations
value 1

May need to add a key for Graphics and DWord for DisableAnimations

Thanks for that. It works. Surely Microsoft could have had a tickbox in
the options menu to disable it. It's definitely not intuitive.

Also this disable animations across the whole office platform not just
in excel.