LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Displaying Data grabbed using concatenates and CountIfs

Hi guys,

For work Ive been given the task of tranforming a table of Data thats extracted from a system, into tables and charts.

The data is to do with Health and Safety, reported accidents etc.
A group of 5 or 6 Divisions, each division has a multiple of Offices within.

A colleague sent me a spreadsheet she had created but thought it needed an overall with too many complex formulas included. I'd never used concatenates and CountIfs before, but slowly worked out what the code meant from the example. Using them both to link certain bits of data together to present.

Ive had a go, they recently upgraded me to ms 2007 for this, and wondering if the comparing of data & charts so far are ok?

There is one Main summary page 'Overall' referring to all Divisions and then each Division will have its own Sheet, idea will be each division sheet will be same design,layout etc just looking more in depth, and just alter the code. Ideally new data could be inserted into the sheet and automatically update everything itself...well when the data is consistent to meet my headings.

Any advice on how ive done, or maybe better ways to present or good data to compare?

Many thanks

Lee
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodland81 View Post
Hi guys,

For work Ive been given the task of tranforming a table of Data thats extracted from a system, into tables and charts.

The data is to do with Health and Safety, reported accidents etc.
A group of 5 or 6 Divisions, each division has a multiple of Offices within.

A colleague sent me a spreadsheet she had created but thought it needed an overall with too many complex formulas included. I'd never used concatenates and CountIfs before, but slowly worked out what the code meant from the example. Using them both to link certain bits of data together to present.

Ive had a go, they recently upgraded me to ms 2007 for this, and wondering if the comparing of data & charts so far are ok?

There is one Main summary page 'Overall' referring to all Divisions and then each Division will have its own Sheet, idea will be each division sheet will be same design,layout etc just looking more in depth, and just alter the code. Ideally new data could be inserted into the sheet and automatically update everything itself...well when the data is consistent to meet my headings.

Any advice on how ive done, or maybe better ways to present or good data to compare?

Many thanks

Lee
Hi Lee,

Bit awkward to say how you've done if you don't attach the workbook....

S.
  #3   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Lee,

Bit awkward to say how you've done if you don't attach the workbook....

S.
strange i uploaded it, ahh it was above the file size even after i compressed it.
100k is poor limit if your spreadsheet has graphs etc in

http://www.speedyshare.com/hdy36/health.zip

Last edited by woodland81 : June 7th 12 at 10:27 PM