Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Default Code to automatically fill cells

I have an AI list in Excel. I am using Columns A through J. Column E
contains the status of the AI. When this cell = Closed I would like Columns
A:J to automatically fill with gray. I also have due date in column K. When
this date is earlier than current date I would like it to turn red.

Can someone help me with this? I am not a programmer but understand a
little about macros.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

You should be able to do what you want to accomplish with just Conditional
Formatting, and not need macros............give it a try and come back if you
need more help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"C" wrote:

I have an AI list in Excel. I am using Columns A through J. Column E
contains the status of the AI. When this cell = Closed I would like Columns
A:J to automatically fill with gray. I also have due date in column K. When
this date is earlier than current date I would like it to turn red.

Can someone help me with this? I am not a programmer but understand a
little about macros.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use an absolute reference. Select A1:J1, choose "Formula Is" from the drop
down and use this formula in the field next to the drop down...

=$E1="Closed"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"C" wrote:

I have an AI list in Excel. I am using Columns A through J. Column E
contains the status of the AI. When this cell = Closed I would like
Columns
A:J to automatically fill with gray. I also have due date in column K.
When
this date is earlier than current date I would like it to turn red.

Can someone help me with this? I am not a programmer but understand a
little about macros.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 16 Iul, 17:03, C wrote:
How do I get the complete row to fill A1:J1 if E = Closed?????

A little answer :

Sub ColorGray()

If Range("E1").Value = "Closed" Then
Columns("A:J").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 15
End With

When this cell = Closed ..... ....

Which one ? I put in in cell E1 , make adjustments according
with your needs